Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 5

There was a group this morning that went to see the sunrise at the beach. The pictures that they took were truly amazing and I can't wait to go tomorrow morning. By the time the returned it was breakfast time and then we went to the chapel to do our daily devotions. When we separated into our groups my group went with Kyle's group back to VBS for the morning. It was really good to go back and allow the kids to see the same helpers again. I know Erin especially got to talk to a little boy named Berres a lot more in depth.

After lunch, we went back to beach ministry hoping to make progress with more people this time around. The boys went down to start passing a soccer ball around as we finished applying sunscreen. By the time we joined them they had already gotten another boy to play with them. We all decided to start an actual game: boys vs. girls. We played around for awhile and asked multiple people if they wanted to join as they walked by. Everyone said no thanks, but it was okay because we were having fun and still playing with one really cool kid. Eventually however this pair of a brother and sister came by and we asked if they wanted to join the game. They said sure and we told them about our make shift goals that were dug into the sand. We started playing for awhile and the sister and I ended up staying behind to help with defense once. She told me that her name was India and that her and her brother were from Indiana. I told her about why we were all there and she seemed to think that it was a really cool concept. We finished the game up soon, but it was a really cool to have that experience with those two and hopefully we may have set a spark into their minds about Jesus; you never know.

We all ended the day together with the youth group from the church we are staying at here. It was really good to get to sing and worship together. And afterwards a lot of us went outside a played on the beach volleyball courts for an hour or so.

When I got back to my room, one of my roommates told me that Savannah, a girl I met at the Children's Center said that Grace needed to give me the message that "I love you and I miss you." That was a great note to end the day on and it really touched my heart to think that I could've made an impact on that little girls life.

No comments:

Post a Comment